- Be a registered voter on the day of the election
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first date of the term to be filled at the election
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election).
Additional Eligibility Requirements to Type A General Law Cities:
To be eligible for the office of mayor of the municipality, a person must be a registered voter and must have resided within the municipal limits for at least the 12 months preceding the Election Day.
For more information go to http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections or contact the City Secretary.